Thursday, November 20, 2008

How I became Shakespeare’s neighbour? (Part 3- Abroad)

In my third year break I went to Singapore for my internship. Where I met my fellow internees from UK, Australia, US (I would like to say Burma, Thailand, Nepal etc but no one came from there).Every week we had lunch with one of the Directors in the firm, and every lunch I will be completely embarrassed, with each one questioning me with their different accents and me wondering, “What the hell did he/she asked?”. Once this happened I was out with a Chinese Co-Internee in an Italian Restaurant when we met our boss and out of respect we rose and gave a seat to him, he asked us at the same time, “What are you upto?” I took it as “What are you up two?” and thought what a bad English usage, shouldn’t he be asking us why are you two standing up? (:-P) I said, “Out of respect we stood up sir”. He was completely blank and was trying to comprehend what I was trying to tell him ha ha ha … least does he knows that I have goofed up things. Later on my fellow internee told me it’s a usage in English language. Phew that’s it I decided English is must and should not be like my “Ek Gaon Mein Ek Kissan Raghuvoda Thatha” Hindi. When I came back to India, I took English seriously read Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter again and again and again and again. Saw all the English movies I could see and today what I am.

SCREEN – STANDING OVATION

P.S: By the way the title is fake I’m not even in the same Zip code of Shakespeare so don’t go and search for me near his house. Cheers

4 comments:

Karthick Krishna CS said...

ஏதோ சொல்ல வந்து எஸ்கேப் ஆவுரா மாதிரி இருக்கே.... சட்டுன்னு முடிச்சிட்டீங்க...

Lancelot said...

nerayaa perru romba illukraatha sonnanga...athunaalathan intha thadaal ending :P

Karthick Krishna CS said...

வாழ்ந்தாலும் ஏசும் தாழ்ந்தாலும் ஏசும் உலகமய்யா இது...
இதுக்கெல்லாம் நாம பணிந்துவிடலமா??

Lancelot said...

athukku panniyala ayya...naan basicalla romba somberi that is the reason...

Genius Kamal ! ! !

Trisha : கண்ணோடு கண்ணைக் கலந்தாளென்றால் களங்கம் உள்ளவன் எச்சரிக்கை உடனே கையுடன் கைகோர்த்தானா ? ஒழுக்கங் கெட்டவள் எச்சரிக்கை ஆடை க...