Saturday, November 29, 2008

Where my country is going? Part -1

What I didn’t want to do in my blog for so long has to be done now. Sorry for those who read blogs to pass time, this is not your kind of post, please click on the navigation bar and go to some other page. For people reading this: for the first time in my life I wish I had the language to kindle some spirit in our dampened souls, for the first time I wish I can speak like Nettaji Subhash Chandra Bose, who with his speech brought in innumerable teens and youths to fight against the Britishers, for the first time I wish I can speak like Obama to bring a change in the country.

No, don’t ask me, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TALK ABOUT INDIA AND INDIANS WHEN YOU ARE IN SINGAPORE, wherever an Indian is he is always an Indian. You know what has happened in Mumbai, India. You may not know what it means to a country to cut a sorry face before the foreign nations for the inability to protect the visitors to the country, but I know how bad it is to answer the foreigners when they ask what happened to your intelligence agency, what happened to your home ministry. What can I tell them? That the intelligence is working more towards measuring the steps taken by the opposition to steal the vote banks or the home minister is babysitting his coalition parties just to ensure they run the show till the election time. But I’m not only worried about the foreigners who have lost the life. As my friend Tazio from Sri Lanka said, just because it’s US and UK hostages the whole world has this as their headlines if not it’s just news “BLASTS IN INDIAN HOTEL”. They raise a cry for 2 Americans, few Britishers, 1 Singaporean killed but what about the 100s of Indians who died? Are we not humans?

This is not the first time we are facing such attacks, when our parliament was attacked and when we prepared to assault the militants in Pakistan, US gave a stern warning not to do any such attack as it will disrupt the world peace, but what they did after the September 11 attack? They erased Afghan and Iraq to the dust. How long we can be tolerant? I would blame Gandhi for this rubbish tolerance, an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind, if we don’t strike back, only Indians will be blind in this world. Don’t we have enough spy satellites? Don’t we have enough man power? Don’t we have enough ammunition? Why can’t we go into the border and attack the militants? I know you’ll say it’s easy to talk but hard to execute, but why is it hard to execute when US can? Because of the effing political system in India, and who is the cause for this political system, it’s you and me. Why you and me? It’s because we are not doing what we are supposed to do. No illiterate person can read my blog; similarly no man without common sense can understand what I mean. I am not asking you to take a gun and go and kill the terrorists in the border, but that’s not a bad idea. What I am asking is keep your surroundings clean, I am not speaking about environment here; I am talking about keeping the surrounding free from corruption, free from violence, free from discrimination, free from all the social evils. Remember it’s not easy to do; you and I cannot change the world over night. I‘ve tried to dance in the slopping lands foolishly and have fallen down several times and hurt myself often, because we are powerless, we don’t have needed money, nor man power, nor the heart to go into a bad route. But take the cue from our freedom fighters, the great martyrs I am speaking in terms of Bhagath Singh and Nettaji not of Gandhi or Nehru.

What’s happening in our country today, a home minister who knows nothing but to talk non sense, an opposition leader who uses the terror attack to his political advantage, a lunatic who says any other human other than Maharashtrians should leave Maharashtra, I wonder which flush he has inserted his head now, why didn’t he went inside Taj to attack the terrorists to chase them out of his precious Maharashtra? Why didn’t he oppose the members of the Armed forces who are non-maharashtrians? Hope his followers learn what is right and what is not.

Do you think Indians lack patriotism? Nahhh… they unite when we play cricket, they feel their blood boiling when they see Rang De Basanti, then they will be like “Excuse me, Is PARROTISM the spelling for Patriotism?” but is that all it? And few others think only by joining in army you can show patriotism, only by telling everyone you are patriotic you show patriotism, only by pinning 2 Rs worth paper flag in your shirt pocket you show patriotism and if you don’t do all these you are not a patriot, you are not community conscious, you are selfish. These are the names I was given for not being one among them. But dudes where the hell is your consistency? After a day you still don’t stand for a red light in road, don’t pay your taxes properly, don’t conserve the natural resources, and don’t work sincerely in your work place. But I do all these things, I am not showing off, but this is patriotism to me. I don’t want to listen to what the actors say in Rang De Basanti and feel its effect in me for few days and get it wade away in time. Patriotism is what you should feel from deep inside your heart. If you feel drops of tears in your eyes, when you feel about the martyrs in Mumbai then you are patriotic, but don’t stop it with tears, show it in your action, the following are something I posted some two three years back to my friends as an oath to be taken on Independence day, let me recall it here;

  1. Pay your taxes properly;
  2. Don’t violate any Traffic rules and fight with those who try to violate;
  3. Don’t stand any human Rights violation before your eyes fight with them as well;
  4. Don’t waste food;
  5. Conserve natural resources;
  6. Do your duties to your neighbours properly.

Yes, I mean fight, I have fought with many in road for violating traffic rules, I have once punched a car with my ring giving it a scratch when he crossed red light, he got down and argued with me, I simply told him “I was crossing the road as its green light for me, you came in my way and my ring scratched your car by mistake, it’s because you violated red light and if you want to hurt me please go ahead, I don’t know whether I am stronger than you, if so I can hit you back, if I cannot I can receive what you give me, but remember I have noted down your number, I will not sleep until I see you are punished” he left silently, but I was able to argue because I knew law being a lawyer. So, I know you will ask me what about people who don’t know law, you still have lawyers like me to rescue you, whichever part of India you are in just drop me a mail. I will fix you with a good lawyer who can really serve you.

So, here comes the end of part -1 of my emotions, WHERE MY COUNTRY IS GOING? But lot more to discuss. Let’s do it step by step. Remember be the CHANGE, we cannot wait anyone to bring us a change.

10 comments:

Baraka Badoura ;) said...

there will be change

Kumuda Rathna said...

'Be the Change u want to see in the world' - This is also a statement made by Mahatma Gandhi.
So, it's just not non-violence that he advocated, we shd take it that he also implicitly told us-each to follow what she/he thinks is right-by-being the change we want to see in this world...

Bhu said...

I can understand the underlying sentiment each of us feel towards what our fellow citizens have been through.but blaming politicians or each other or terrorist is not the solution nor is chasing away muslims an answer.being the change u want to see is also not the way as this is not an individual's effort that each of us should be taking but a collective effort by all as citizens. but really is taking about it on blogs and forums and orkut or facebook gonna help the situation. things will not change unless there is a drastic revolution by the people of india for themeselves. cos if we dont take care of ourselves who will?

Raja Selvam said...

Off course Arun is right in his views and I go with him But just one thought came to my mind when I read this whole blog. What all Arun has put down is something that has to be done but the question is when and remember we have choosen politicians who



thinks whether there will be a loss of votes if the terrorist (parliament attack case) who has been awarded the death sentence be hung as he is a muslim
Even at such a time of crisis in Mumbai, the Indian PM and the oppossition party leader Mr.Advani does not leave Delhi to Mumbai together.


All we need now is GOOD LEADERS. Over the last 54 and odd hours of gun battle in Mumbai, there were several popular faces including Shoba De, Harsha and others who said they need the politicians to stay out but will any one of them dare to go and stand for elections. Nor will the media which talks so bad about the present politicials give you(any individual youngster) enough publicity if he dares and off course has the money to stand for elections.



In the US Obama came in with the concept of change and here its not that we can or we cannot it is WE MUST. Its high time that some one who will sit calm and give a face to face answer for any questions of the public becomes the next leader.

jagannath said...

The govt here is entirely to blame. They had the intelligence
and the information, Mr. Ratan Tata also confirmed it in the press conference. Its really disgusting that these politicians are not bothered about their very people who voted them to power. The same also goes with BJP. They are also equally responsible for propogating terrorism as a poll plank against the upa.

The solution is to give more freedom and better equipment and gadgets to the police and the security agencies. We cant fight 21 century jehadis with WORLD WAR II
lattis!!

Give them AK 56 rifles, Automatic Weapons, Shield, Bullet proof jackets and helment. These are standard procedures in countries like US,Canada and UK and EU.

We have the manpower, money and the resources.

Unless there is efficient and better equipment the police are also helpless.

The politicians are going to be slippered and slapped if they dont implement this immediately.

Today it is TAJ MAHAL HOTEL tomorrow it could be the TAJ MAHAL itself....

Its high time we learnt from the mistakes of the past and the terror strike in mumbai. We need to come together and stand UNITED as INDIAN citizens to wipe out the menance of terrorism.

WE ARE AT OUR BEST WHEN WE ARE UNITED...

Hope atleast now the politicians learn......

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.....

LET THERE BE LIGHT...JAI HIND

jagannath said...

The power is with us to choose our politicians...Remember every vote makes a difference.....The politicians whom we choose are more interested in developing their self interests and not the nations interests....

We need YOUNG, WELL EDUCATED, DYNAMIC politicians who act wise,
and care about our country....

Look at that R.R Patil...I mean he has no business to say that in a city like mumbai..its a small incident...what else does he want...terrorists striking with nuclear bombs?

That deshmukh is another disgrace....Coming to tour Taj with Ram gopal verma ...so that his son ...ritesh can get some footage in RGV next film???

what nonsense....its disgusting to see such politicians.....

We need YOUNG LEADERS to LEAD from the front...Who put their self interests behind and our Country's interests first....

Lets hope for the best.....

LET THERE BE LIGHT...
JAI HIND....

Lavanya said...

Hi Arun,

You have just spoken my mind. Especially, the 6 points we need to do. The point is we are so used to corruption, that we really find it odd when someone stands up against it.

When there is a red signal and there is no cop around, you are being laughed at if you still stop.

Election day is just a bonus holiday, to spend time with friends watching PIRATED DVDs at home, not voting.

We produce fake medical bills to avoid tax (by bribing DOCTORS!!)

The people involved here are definitely educated and know these are wrong.I think people who really feel these things should be stopped should join hands and form a trend which is To do what is Right.

I am not really good at writing, but this is what I feel, We will reap what we sow. When I don't do my job and can get away, so can the government. So let's wake up and wake others..

Lancelot said...

@ ALL

Thanks for your comments...why I dint reply so far is just to check how many still feel the same as now the incident is over...are u still with me to bring the change??

Lavanya said...

Yes Sir, am with you..

jagannath said...

Yes, if its a meaningful change, I agree that as Citizens we ahve an obligation and duty to be part of it.

Genius Kamal ! ! !

Trisha : கண்ணோடு கண்ணைக் கலந்தாளென்றால் களங்கம் உள்ளவன் எச்சரிக்கை உடனே கையுடன் கைகோர்த்தானா ? ஒழுக்கங் கெட்டவள் எச்சரிக்கை ஆடை க...